Last week Pittsburgh got a little healthier (both physically and mentally) as our own local Food Mood Girl, Lindsey Smith, brought together an array of healthy vendors and invited participants to mingle with these local businesses and take part in a candlelit yoga session. The event was held at the Union Project, a church turned community space that offers a wide variety of classes and activities.
Aimee Woods from Embody Natural Health led us in yoga and then offered everyone a shot of green juice (which was DELISH!). Embody Natural Health is a juice cafe and yoga space in Lawrenceville and they just opened a new location in Wexford!
Some of the other local vendors included:
- As I Am Naturals
- Olive & Marlowe
- Body Rockin’ Fitness
- Linden Elizabeth Creates
- Katy Nevinsky Photography
- Ashley’s Flicks n Wicks
It was inspiring to learn about some of the actions and plans our local business owners are up to in order to make this city a little healthier and happier.
Hopefully we can look forward to even more events like this in the future!
If you’re into living a healthier lifestyle, here are some annual or reoccurring events to look out for:
- Pittsburgh Yoga Festival Sunday, February 9th at Pittsburgh Opera ; $20 ; 10:30-4pm
- Farm to Table Conference – Convention Center Pittsburgh March 22nd & 23rd
- Yogafest - Summer of 2014 will be the 4th annual at Point State Park
- Farm to Table Harvest Tasting – Annually in November
- Events and tastings at Marty’s Market in the Strip District
What are your favorite healthy things going on in the Burgh??